About This Website
This website (https://ncar.artmuseums.go.jp/, “the site”) is operated by the National Center for Art Research (“the Center”).
- Basic Policy
In order to provide the best possible service, the website (hereinafter referred to as “site”) of the National Center for Art Research will record information about every visitor to this site. Recorded information will be used appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use.
- Information Collecting Policy
- This site automatically records information such as the IP address used when browsing this site.
- When recruiting participants on this site for each individual project, you may be asked to fill in your name, address, date of birth, school/occupation, email address, and telephone number, etc. as necessary.
- Purpose of Use
- Information gathered on this site will be used as a reference to improve the operation of the services it provides.
- Information on individual projects collected in 2. (2) will be used for implementation of said project.
- Restrictions for Use and Offers
The National Center for Art Research will only use the information gathered by the site for the purposes listed in 3. Purpose of Use and will not provide any information to third parties, unless illegal acts such as unauthorized access, intimidation, etc. are committed, or in case of request for disclosure under the laws and regulations or other special reasons. However, for data like the number of site visitors, we may disclose statistical results without revealing personal information.
- Safety Measures
The National Center for Art Research will take the necessary measures to prevent the leaking, loss, or destruction of the collected information, and will also take the necessary measures to properly manage the collected information.
- Scope of Application
We, the NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ART, take your privacy seriously. As you buy tickets or sign up for our art events via ticket agents and visit our museums or attend our events, we collect and use your personal data. When we do so, we undertake to comply with applicable data protection laws including EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Below is our policy on how we collet, use and protect your personal data.
We may, from time to time, amend, add to, or delete part of this policy. You can obtain the latest version at the following link: https://www.momat.go.jp/english/ge/privacynotice/
PERSON IN CHARGE
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto
- The National Film Archive of Japan
- The National Museum of Western Art
- The National Museum of Art, Osaka
- The National Art Center, Tokyo
- The National Center for Art Research
When one of our museums collects and uses your personal data, we, INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATIVE INSTITUTION NATIONAL MUSEUM OF ART are the data controller in the meaning of GDPR and are responsible for protecting your rights with personal data.
PURPOSE AND LAWFUL BASIS (why and on what lawful ground we use your personal data)
As you buy tickets or sign up via ticket agents for our events like exhibitions, workshops, lectures, gallery talks, etc. and visit our museums or attend our events, we collect and use the following categories of your personal data:
Your name, in case of group, name of contact person;
Your mail address, in case of group, mail address of contact person;
Your phone number, in case of group, phone number of contact person;
Your age; and
Any other categories of your personal data we request you to disclose as relevant for the particular event you participate in.
We use your personal data above for the following purposes:
Notifying you of any change of event schedule, venue or other important information when such notification is for your convenience or is necessary in order to appropriately organize and operate the event;
Identifying you on your arrival at the venue of the event;
Verifying your age and eligibility for the event; and
Any other purposes you particularly consented to in advance.
We collect and use your personal data as described above on the lawful ground that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you regarding providing you with our respective services.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Where we collect and use sensitive categories of your personal data as defined in Articles 9 and 10 of GDPR, we will obtain your prior and explicit consent thereto, unless we are required to do so in order to perform our statutory obligations or to protect vital interests of you or another person in an emergency.
SOURCE (who your personal data come from)
We obtain your personal data from our ticket agents that provide ticket-booking services for our events.
RETENTION (how long we keep your personal data)
We will keep your personal data until at the end of each event you participated in. In case of serial events, we keep them until the final installment is concluded. Thereafter we will discard or anonymize them within a reasonable period of time, so that you can no longer be identifiable.
DISCLOSURE (who we share your personal data with)
We may share your personal data with our service providers, which help us organize and operate our events, including outsourced receptionists, couriers, information and communication technology vendors, etc. We protect your rights with personal data by means of data processing agreements in compliance with Article 28 of GDPR with our service providers, which impose data security and confidentiality obligations on them.
We will not disclose your personal data to anybody else without your prior consent, unless we are required to disclose them to competent public authorities by any legal obligations we are subject to.
TRANSFERS TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
We will not transfer your personal data to any third-countries without your prior consent, unless we are required to do so by any legal obligations we are subject to.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have legal rights to request from us the following:
Access to your personal data and to certain supplementary information covered by this notice;
Correction of your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete;
Erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
Suspension of using your personal data in certain circumstances;
Stopping processing your personal data in certain circumstances; and
Obtaining your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and computer-readable format.
If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us.
You can lodge complaints about our way of processing your personal data with data protection supervisory authorities.
For further information and inquiry, contact:
Independent Administrative Institution National Museum of Art
Please read and agree to the following terms and conditions when using the site.
OS and Browser
When adding or updating pages on the site, we verify display and operation using the latest versions of the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari for computers, Google Chrome for Android, Safari for iOS. Please note that non-smartphone mobile phones and Internet Explorer are not supported.
To view PDF files requires viewing software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The site uses SSL/TLS encryption to improve security levels. Information entered by users is automatically encrypted before being transmitted, so users’ personal information cannot be read by a third party. However, depending on users’ browser settings, the page may not be viewable. In addition, some older devices, such as those using Windows XP, may not be able to authenticate the server certificate used for encryption and may not be able to display the page. Thank you for your understanding.
- Copyrights and other rights to all content and works (images, illustrations, documents, archival materials, etc.) on the site belong to the Center and the providers of said data. Content and works are protected by Japanese copyright law, agreements, and the copyright laws of other countries, and may not be used outside the scope of private use.
- The names of museums, companies, services, and products on the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Center or the respective companies or organizations. The site may display the names of products and organizations for illustrative purposes only, without the intent or purpose of infringing on trademark rights.
- Although the Center thoroughly reviews and verifies information posted on the site, it does not guarantee its accuracy, usefulness, reliability, safety, suitability for any particular purpose, or any other aspect of its content. In no event shall the Center be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of content.
- Third-party websites linked to or from the site (“linked sites”) are independently operated and maintained by said third parties, and are not under the control and/or supervision of the Center. Nothing contained in the linked sites shall be construed to indicate that any special relationship between the Center and linked sites. The Center is not responsible for the content of any linked sites or any damages resulting from the use of said sites.
Applicable Laws and Courts of Jurisdiction
- Unless otherwise specified, use of the site shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and any disputes arising in connection with use of the site shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
- Access to the site is at the discretion of the person accessing the site, and said person is solely responsible for his/her use of the site.
Social Media Policy
This policy governs the operation of the Twitter and Instagram account of the National Center for Art Research (“the Center”) (@NCAR_JP, https://twitter.com/NCAR_JP, https://www.instagram.com/NCAR_JP,“the Account”).
- Basic Policy
The purpose of the Account is to increase users’ interest in the Center, and in art in general, by providing information on the Center’s exhibitions, events, and programs.
The Account is operated by the Center as follows.
- Content posted
・Exhibitions and events at the Center
・Programs implemented by the Center
・Other information related to art and the Center’s activities
- Reply, Like, and Share functions, Following and Retweeting
As a general rule, we do not reply to, follow, or retweet posts from other user accounts, but we may share, follow, or retweet information from art museums, other types of museums, and media organizations as necessary.
- Content posted
- Deletion of posts by users, etc.
Please note that if any of the following apply, we reserve the right delete all or part of a post or block an account without prior notice to the user:
- Posts detrimental to public order or morals
- Posts that violate, or may potentially violate, laws and regulations
- Posts intended for political, religious, or commercial activities, etc.
- Posts that infringe on the copyrights, right of likeness, or other intellectual property rights of the Center or any third party
- Posts that discriminate or encourage discrimination on the basis of race, ideology, religion, etc.
- Posts that are false or factually inaccurate, or promote unsubstantiated rumors
- Posts that damage privacy, such as by identifying, disclosing, or leaking personal information without the consent of the person in question.
- Posts that impersonate another user, a third party, etc.
- Posts that contain harmful programs, etc.
- Posts that have inappropriate contents including obscenity, etc.
- Any other contents that the Center deems inappropriate for its operations
- Intellectual Property Rights
Intellectual property rights to text, images, and other content on the Account are the property of the Center or other parties that have legitimate rights to them. Content posted on the Account may not be reproduced or reprinted without the prior written consent of the Center. When quoting, etc., please be sure to clearly indicate the source of the quoted material in an appropriate manner.
You are free to use the Follow and Retweet functions, but if you wish to use the Center’s posts in other ways, please contact the Center.
- While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information posted on the Account, the Center assumes no responsibility for any actions taken in connection with the Account.
- The Center is not responsible for any replies, retweets, comments and so forth posted by users to the Account.
- The Center is not responsible for any problems or disputes that may arise between users, or between users and third parties, in connection with the Account.
- Copyrights to comments and other content belong to the user who posted them, but by posting them, the user grants the Center the right to use the posted content worldwide free of charge and on a non-exclusive basis, and the user agrees not to exercise copyrights, etc. against the Center.
- The Account reserves the right to discontinue operation, delete posts, comments, etc., or delete the Account itself at any time without notice.
This Social Media policy may be revised as necessary at any time.